- I brought the car to get the glass installed. Everything but the doors have glass now!
- Installed the hood pins for the hood and the rear portion of the top.
- I have assembled and installed the door frames, latches and doors skins. Quite a time consuming task with a TON of fiddling with fitment. They still don’t fit perfectly and this was after a lot of trimming and adjusting. Two problems on both sides were that the door latch bases hit the door skin and the front upper portion of the door hits the A-pillar. I’ve gotten them like 90% fitted now and I think they’re just some minor sanding and grinding away from being good. They do both close and latch though and that’s the key part for the inspection.
- I wished I had better understood the forum advice I read earlier. I mis-drilled the door latches on my first attempt as they could not bolt through the FFR door latch mount. Definitely install the mount first then drill because the mount does not have a whole ton of adjustment. It actually looks like the FFR manual mounting point would be impossible since it was too far outboard? Just something that added to the confusion.
- Tried my hand at my first fiberglass repairs. Had to fill some mis-drilled holes using the FFR gel coat paste and gel coat. They came out fairly good so I’m going to leave them until I do the final body work in a 1-2 weeks.
- My headlight epoxy didn’t hold and I nearly lost a headlight…but I used a different epoxy and now they appear attached quite well. I gave them a solid pull/shake and they did not come loose so hopefully this holds.
- I scheduled my state inspection for Friday March 27th. There’s not an officially published list but it appears they check lights, door latches, seatbelts, brakes, suspension, wiring, seats, and basic safety items.
Passenger door skin fitted
Fitting the driver door skin
Installing the door frame and front panel
Hole repair results
Took it for a test drive in the nice weather
Off to glass installation
My mis-drilled latch holes. Good thing I have hole-repair practice
Headlights look great!
Hood pin installtion
Rear pin installation
Prepping the wheel well aluminum for install later
Driver door skin installed