- I installed the tail lights into the rear bumper and cut out the lower bumper vent.
- Drilled and cleco’d the side panels in place. I will probably rivet them after I fit and check the rear bumper alignment. I want to keep them easy to remove for the time being in case something needs to be changed.
- Cut the vent holes in the hood, but these took much longer than the other cuts! These vents have stamped mesh and are not designed to have a trim piece so the cutout is actually a cosmetic part of the car and it has to fit the mesh perfectly. So I did a rough undersized cut with the saber saw and then did a dremel-fit-repeat process to work my way from there. It still needs some sanding by hand to finish it off but I will do that later when I fix fiberglass defects and install the mesh. The build manual included no instructions for the updated version of the hood mesh so that was a bit confusing but fairly simple after asking FFR.
- I had planned to fit the bumper and roof this last weekend, but it takes at least two people to install the roof and my help had to cancel. Still plenty of items to work on such as the headlights, front bumper vent, rear bumper mounting, etc. I’ll get the roof on there sometime in the next couple weeks.
- Made a bench setup to mess with my Pumpkin Android head unit. Just wired up enough to turn on. It’s a pretty sweet device and has pretty much any capability you can think of if you have the time to mess with it and set it up. The way the cameras work with it is pretty weird but overall I’m happy with it.
- I’m using a Verizon 4G USB modem to give it internet connectivity in the car. Bought the dongle for about $20 off Ebay. Internet connectivity is pretty much a requirement for any of the features and I did not want to mess with always using my phone’s hotspot to provide that.
- Did a vacuum check on the A/C system. Seems to hold vacuum fine! I’ll probably wait a while to charge it since I have no need for A/C in a non-driving car. I’m pretty confident it will all work if it’s not leaking and I finish running the wire to the ECU from iWire.
Brake lights installed
Rear bumper vent cutout
Aluminum kick-plate cleco’d in place
Hood vent mesh fitment. Seems pretty good overall.
Both vents trimmed to fit their panels
A/C vacuum testing
Sidesail cleco’d in place
Pretty good speeds from the USB modem!
The Verizon 4G modem I’m using
The Pumpkin 7″ Android head unit
Testing the backup camera
Configuring Torque virtual guages
Very crude bench setup for the stereo