- I finally got to pick up my 818C kit from Factory Five! 😊
- Took a 2000 mile road trip from Michigan to Factory Five to Georgia.
- Got an awesome tour of the FFR facility and the staff there were great to talk to and helped load the trailer.
- The trip went smooth, just trucking along the mountains all the way down the East coast.
- Georgia’s the final destination- I’ll be working on the build here from now on.
- Progress on the kit will be slow the next couple days as I move in, clean up the shop, and go through the parts inventory but I plan to put in a ton of work the next couple weeks.
Our fuel stop in NY.
On the way to MA.
The truck had about 1/3 of a Subaru as payload.
The showroom was awesome! Great to see all the cars up close in person.
Took pictures of the details of the 818C on display for my own reference.
Underhood of the FFR 818C.
They copied my engine paint scheme!
A cool detail I was unaware of before is the vents FFR cutout behind the quarter window. Makes for easy engine-bay ventilation.
It’s not real until you see the one with your name on it. It’s like Christmas!
Loading it up- the FFR guys were super helpful.
Ready for the ~1100 mile trip home!
Everything fit well on the 20′ trailer.
Our stop in Southern NY for lunch.
Getting closer to home- VA before our stop for the night.
Last fuel stop before GA!
Had to pause for a brief photo in South TN.
Everything’s in the workshop 🙂
The hardtop takes up a lot of space. Planning on hanging it from the ceiling.
Some friends helped me get everything off the truck and trailer. The frame was the heaviest item.
One of the first ’35 Hot Rod Trucks.