- Kit is paid for! Picking up on the morning of May 14th 🙂
- Hoping the 30+ hr driving time road trip for this goes smoothly.
- Donor shell is officially off to scrap.
- Engine Rebuild: Does it still count as a “rebuild” if 90% of the parts are new?
- Top tip: Dishwasher is great for aluminum parts
- I made a ton of progress on getting the engine put back together. Short block is assembled and I’ve got the heads on as well. It’s been nice to be building something up rather than tearing down.
- Still dealing with the issues caused by the donor’s previous owner…lots of stripped fasteners that I forgot to order replacements for that I am now having to get so I can finish engine assembly.
- Repainting the intake and valve covers in blue VHT wrinkle coat. Should look nice when its done.
- The overall engine package is SO much cleaner now than when I got it.
The engine as it sits now. Just needs accessories and intake.
I thought I’d put on ARP headstuds while I was at it.
Right after I got the pistons in.
Donor loaded and off to scrap.
The dishwasher worked fantastic. I cleaned it up a lot beforehand of course.
Measuring all the tolerances before assembly.